Tumblr is among those social media platforms that everybody has actually become aware of, however few understand anything about.
While many might not understand precisely what it is, Tumblr is among the most popular blogging platforms. You must take a look at the platform if you haven’t become aware of it in the past.
Concerning individual branding, Tumblr provides some distinct benefits to bloggers and companies alike.
For instance, the platform can assist showcase their creativity or construct an audience through quality material and personalization options.
In this post, we’ll discuss what Tumblr is and have a look on top functions and benefits of utilizing Tumblr, from writing tutorials to developing podcasts.
What Is Tumblr?
Tumblr is a microblogging platform for sharing pictures, music, video, links, quotes, GIFs, text, and other multimedia. The site also has a “Reactions” function, which enables users to reveal their feelings about something posted on the website.
Unlike other platforms, Tumblr profiles are extremely customizable. Brands can personalize their theme, layout, colors, font styles, and more. Users can also follow each other’s updates and create customized RSS feeds based on their interests.
Developing an account on Tumblr is free and easy to establish. All posts on Tumblr are public, and all users have the choice to follow you. There are no personal profile choices like on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Facebook Verified.
Users can produce different widgets for their profiles.
Tumblr has actually become more prominent with its totally free mobile app, rich API, custom design tools, and dynamic neighborhood.
50 Tumblr Facts And Statistics
- Tumblr began in 2007 as a blogging platform that permitted users to share pictures, videos, text posts, and more.
- The service got popularity after being obtained by Yahoo! in 2013 for $1.1 billion.
- From 2017 to 2019, Oath took over ownership of the platform prior to being purchased by Verizon Media.
- In 2019, ownership moved once again to Automattic, a parent company of WordPress that keeps ownership today.
- Tumblr is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- There are 2,437 staff members at Tumblr.
- Out of their staff members, 57% are women.
- The majority of staff members who operate at Tumblr stay with the business for an average of 5.3 years.
- Over 556 million blog sites are hosted on Tumblr.
- Lots of celebrities and influencers post on Tumblr, but the platform doesn’t use the very same blue check confirmed sign you see on Buy Instagram Verified and Buy Twitter Verified.
- The yearly revenue for Tumblr is between $75-100 million.
- Tumblr has numerous partners and thousands of commissioned artwork.
- There are over 171 billion posts on Tumblr today.
- People can publish on Tumblr in 18 different languages.
- Although they have actually been around for a while, 61% of brand-new Tumblr users are Gen Z, and 48% of their active users are Gen Z.
- Tumblr is the third most popular blogging platform in the U.S., Canada, and the U.K.
- And the 3rd most popular blogging platform on the web altogether.
- 45.94% of the traffic on Tumblr stems from the U.S.
- For those brand-new to Tumblr, they use a guide on how to begin posting.
- The trending subjects on Tumblr vary, much like any other website, from Legend of Zelda to U.K. politics.
- Regarding interest classifications, the majority of people go over video games, consoles, and accessories. They also discuss computers, electronic devices, news, and topics relating to universities.
- A few of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Buy Twitter Verified, Pinterest, and Buy Instagram Verified.
- There are many ad opportunities on Tumblr, consisting of native ad experiences and customized chances.
- Tumblr is an independently owned business.
- In a recent survey, 70% of users mentioned that they were pleased by the performance of Tumblr. The top two rankings above this were Pinterest and Buy YouTube Subscribers, with a 76% client fulfillment rating.
- Tumblr has 135 million monthly active users.
- Earlier this year, there was an uptick in visitations to Tumblr, with 291.7 million gos to in May.
- Tumblr prides itself on being an inclusive area for everybody to share its views stating, “Tumblr is whatever you want it to be.”
- On top of the capability to publish daily blogs, Tumblr also provides a liveblog function so users can blog as events or things occur in real-time.
- Most people (69%) use Tumblr on their mobile devices, and 31% utilize the platform online.
- In a current survey, when social media networks were ranked by brand awareness in the U.S., 58% of individuals recognized the platform.
- The leading amount of users checking out the web is U.S.-based at 46.37%.
- This is followed by the United Kingdom and Canada users on the internet at 5.94% and 5.07%, respectively.
- Australia follows this at 3.2% and then Germany at 3.1%.
- In 2018, Tumblr banned adult material on its platform, a polarizing move.
- Mashable suggests that “Fandom’s homeland is Tumblr.”
- And The Verge specifies that “The things that occur on Tumblr are utterly distinct to any other social platform.”
- There are around 9.7 million day-to-day posts on Tumblr.
- The demographics for leading Tumblr users break down to 33.04% from ages 18-25, 31.44% from 25-34, and 16.10% in between 35-44 years old.
- Of these users, 41.41% identify as female, and 58.59% recognize as male.
- Tumble has a bounce rate of 42.67%.
- Like other platforms like Buy Facebook Verified, users can like and repost content.
- You can create custom HTML themes on Tumblr.
- There is also a Mass Post Editor function on Tumblr, permitting users to edit or erase several posts all at once.
- Users can quickly add inline images from the web to their posts by pasting the image’s URL into the post.
- Tumblr also has keyboard faster way choices that make it much easier to create posts.
- Some of Tumblr’s leading rivals include Ghost, Hexo, and Medium.
- There are over 2,000 posts developed every second on Tumblr.
- Regarding traffic leading back to Tumblr, 28.48% of that traffic originates from Buy Twitter Verified, and 20.25% comes from Buy YouTube Subscribers.
- Typically, users check out 6.47 pages when they use the platform.
Tumblr is an online community where anybody can create compelling and distinct content.
As you can see, it is also extremely personalized, enabling users and brand names to develop their perfect profiles. It’s likewise a fantastic area to find and cultivate brand-new audiences.
There are nearly endless possibilities with the platform, and it’s worth having a look at to see if it’s right for your brand.
If you’re looking to incorporate more blogging alternatives and are thinking about integrating Tumblr, take a look at this post.
Featured Image: Lenka Horavova/Best SMM Panel